Bulldogs Roundup: What They're Saying About UGA-South Carolina
Here's a peek at coverage leading up to Saturday's football game between the Bulldogs and Gamecocks. What do you think?
The Georgia Bulldogs host South Carolina on Saturday in their first home game of the season. Here's a sampling of pre-game coverage:
- Augusta Chronicle columnist Scott Michauxwrites about the Bulldogs trying to shake the negative vibe from last week's loss to Boise State. As for this week and Coach Mark Richt's future, Michaux writes, "Anything short of a victory will raise hysteria to a level that drowns out any rational debate."
- Russ Wheless of Bleacher Report offers "11 Urgent Steps UGA Must Take to Stay in the Race."
- An Atlanta Journal-Constitution story focuses on wide receiver Tavarres King, noting that he's already put the Boise State game behind him.
- The Athens Banner-Herald's Marc Weiszerwrites about offensive lineman Dallas Lee, who will be making his first college start Saturday after suffering a respiratory illness last season.
- The Washington Post profiles South Carolina's starting quarterback, Stephen Garcia.
- UGA's student newspaper, The Red & Black analyzes the game's key matchups.
- USC's student paper, The Daily Gamecock, offers a gallery of coverage, including a chat with the Red & Black's sports editor, who expects a South Carolina rout.
- Patch editors and contributors make their SEC picks.