National Signing Day 2013 in Gwinnett County
There were hugs, attention and intrigue all across Gwinnett.
National Signing Day is a pretty deal around Gwinnett County.
It brought national media attention, major-college intrigue and a whole lot of hugging.
Around 100 student-athletes in Gwinnett signed national letters of intent Wednesday (February 6), and that number will grow considerably by the time colleges are done picking through the football-rich area.
Here's a look at the day with Patch:
- Led by the nation's No. 1 prospect Robert Nkemdiche (Ole Miss), the Grayson Rams had a dozen players commit to their schools of choice, including nine major programs. The star defensive end made his announcement to a national audience around 7:45 a.m. on ESPNU. Nkemdiche will be joined at Ole Miss by Grayson teammate David Kamara. Two Rams also are headed to Clemson — Wayne Gallman and Ryan Carter.
- Norcross running back Alvin Kamara also went on national TV to announce his decision to attend Alabama. Check out our video. In all, five members of the 2012 state champion Blue Devils signed scholarships.
- In Snellville, Brookwood and South Gwinnett each had big signing classes. Check out the reader-submitted images from Darcy Bailey.
- In Lilburn, two of Parkview's seven honorees will attend the Air Force Academy together.
- Seven Duluth Wildcats announced their post-high school plans, including four headed to prep school before moving on.
- The big winners in the Lawrenceville area were Central Gwinnett's Trey Johnson (Ohio State) and Archer's Antonio Riles (Florida).
- A Peachtree Corners trio signed letters of intent at Greater Atlanta Christian in a morning ceremony.
2013 Gwinnett County Football Commitments
Editor’s Note: This list is based on reports from local Patch editors, high school coaches, high school and college websites, and media reports, including Scout.com and Rivals.com. For more on Gwinnett's National Signing Day, check out the terrific coverage on the Gwinnett Daily Post.
College commitment information often changes. If you see an omission or error, let us know via email or the comments below.
- Ernest Alexander, Navy
- Trey Cheek, California
- Kris Hurley, Presbyterian
- Jaypee Philbert, Alabama State
- Antonio Riles, Florida
- Deondre Singleton, Duke
- Andre Smellie, Shorter
- Zach Wachholz, Air Force
- Dorren Miller, Georgia Military College
- Jackson Buomania (2012 grad), Furman
- Tyler Evans, Lenoir-Rhyne
- Darien Holston, Florida A&M
- Afolabi Laguda, Tennessee State
- Adam Ledford, Harvard
- Shaun McGee, Georgia
- Tim Mercado, LaGrange
- Kyrin Priester, Clemson
- Mikey Bart, North Carolina
- Josh Cardiello, Georgia
- Seon Jones, Carson-Newman (mid-year transfer)
- Bryson Jordan, Western Carolina
- Dontravious Wilson, Central Florida
- Trey Johnson, Ohio State
- Tra Palmer, Navy
- Brett Sheehan, South Alabama
- Raymere Thomas, Charleston Southern
- Justin Wyatt, Ohio
- BJ Clay, Georgia State
- Marcus Cox, Appalachian State
- Brandon Goodson, Wofford
- Gregory Blackshear, Stetson
- Myles Campbell, Georgia Southern
- Lavonte Cranford, Atlanta Sports Academy
- Jordan Dandridge, Atlanta Sports Academy
- Jordan Dooley, Clark Atlanta
- Michael Stewart, Atlanta Sports Academy
- Xavier Walker (2011 grad), Middle Tennessee State
- Julian Williams, Atlanta Sports Academy
- Jack Banda, Arizona
- Zach Barnes, Texas Tech
- Ryan Carter, Clemson
- Kasey Gaines, Penn State
- Wayne Gallman, Clemson
- Jordan Germany, Valdosta State
- Hayden Gregory, Mercer
- David Kamara, Ole Miss
- Alex Louthan, West Virginia
- Robert Nkemdiche, Ole Miss
- Richard Pryor, Iowa
- Corey Schaeffer, Valdosta State
GREATER ATLANTA CHRISTIAN
- Andrew Lewis, Virginia Military Institute
- Peter Whiteneck, Pennsylvania
- Daniel Yoon, St. Anselm
- Michael Cheeks, West Georgia
- Conner Cooper, McKendree
- Kelsey Griffin, South Carolina
- Marvin Elam, Charleston, W.Va.
- William Koen, Bethune-Cookman
- William Tulder, Navy
- Shon Akins, Middle Tennessee State
- Joseph Ledford, Georgetown
- Jahmal Jones, Middle Tennessee State
- Tommy Tate, Western Carolina
- Joseph Wilbur, West Georgia
- Jalen Brooks, Maryland
- Michael Haynes, Mercer
- Russell King, Valdosta State
- Andy Kwon, Georgia Southern
- Cam Lewis, Georgia Southern
- Jonathan Lewis, Berry
- Josh Manners, St. Augustine's
- Donnie Miles, North Carolina
- Devontre Seymour, Georgia
- Alex Stoehr, Georgia State
- Justin Vining, Georgia Military College
- Chris Carson, Butler Community College
- Blake Dunham, Faulkner
- Micah Finley, Valdosta State
- Kenny Flowers (2011 grad), Auburn
- Freddie Hart, Shorter
- Shaq Vereen, Air Force
- Kyle Williams, Air Force
- Jay Turner, Coastal Carolina
- Devin Davidson, Mercer
- Tony Porter, Ohio
- Andrew Stanley, Mercer
- Daniel Stephens, Middle Tennessee State
- Kolade Bakrin, Clark Atlnta
- John Freeman, Mars Hill
- Devante Jones, Shorter
- Reginald Carter, Georgia (already enrolled)
- Deonte Davis, Wake Forest
- Nadarrius Eckers, Valdosta State
- LJ Gainey, Valdosta State
- Kevin Gary (2011 grad), Louisiana Tech
- Nick Hylton, Valdosta State
- Devonte Lawrence-Spivey, St. Augustine
- Najee Morrison, South Carolina State
- Bernard Morrison, South Carolina State
- Marquis Parker, Alabama State
- Jordan Ramey, Georgia Military College
- Weston Simmons, Grambling
- Daniel Zeigler, Georgia State
- Charles Mack, Richmond
-- This article originally posted on Gwinnett Patch.