November 12-13: The Suwanee Schedule
Your digital to-do guide for the weekend.
Upated Nov. 13, 2011
1. Weather: A nice Saturday shaping up. High forecast for mid-60s, with a few clouds and little chance of rain. Overnight low expected at 41.
2. Event: Dinner theater in Suwanee. Check the Events section.
3. Event: Photo exhibit at the Hudgens in Duluth. Check the Events section.
4. Television: Sunday, Saints-Falcons, 1 p.m., FOX.
5. Today in History: On Nov. 12, 1864, Union Gen. William T. Sherman ordered the business district of Atlanta burned. He had captured the city in early September, and he wanted to prevent the Confederates from recovering anything once the Yankees had moved on. An estimated 40 percent of the city was ruined, and Sherman continued the same policy on his march to Savannah. (Source: history.com.)
Bonus trivia question: Who was the first country artist to sell over 10 million copies of an album? (Tell us in the comments.)
Trivia answer: Bob Dylan.
Compiled by Steve Burns.