As the summer nears, many cities, including Suwanee, host festivals, fairs, and summer concerts. These are great weekend activities where you can watch top-notch entertainment, support local vendors, and get free prizes. This week's Frugal Family lists some of the happenings in and around Suwanee. Take a picnic lunch and visit every booth to see if they have giveaways for a truly frugal treat.
1. Suwanee Arts in the Park will be on May 21 in Suwanee Town Center. It starts at 11 am. Stroll through the exhibits of pottery, jewelry, and painting. Watch demonstrations of different types of artwork and try your hand at creating some yourself.
2. Celebrate Memorial Day with the Memorial Weekend Concert in Suwanee Town Center. It starts on May 27 at 7 pm.
3. On Thursdays throughout the summer, take a short trip to Duluth's town green for the Brown Bag Lunch Series. On select Thursdays starting from June 16th, noon to 1 pm is lunchtime and a show from local artists and entertainers. On June 16, the Atlanta Puppet Center will be the entertainment. Other local performers include a magic show and a juggler.
4. Visit the Georgia Kite Festival on May 21 at Centennial Olympic Center. Kids Zone, Kids Face Painting and other activities are spread out among the Town Green for all to enjoy.
5. Spend Saturday in the Park with unlimited rides for only $10. This event takes place in downtown Lawrenceville and is followed by a movie in the green. Bring a blanket to enjoy the rest of the night with a movie on the green.