1. Weather: A run of sunny weather continues. High is forecast at 82, with just a few clouds and a 20 percent chance of rain.
2. Event: The Suwanee City Council will have a called meeting at, 5:30 p.m.
3. Event: The Gwinnett school board will have its regular March meeting at the in Suwanee, 7 p.m.
4. Television: Choices include first-round coverage of the NCAA men's basketball tournament, beginning at 7 p.m. on CBS.
5. Today in History: On this date in 44 BC, Julius Caesar, the "dictator for life" of the Roman Empire, was murdered by his own senators in a hall next to Pompey's Theatre. The conspiracy against Caesar encompassed as many as 60 noblemen, including Caesar's own protege, Marcus Brutus. A seer had forecast that Caesar would be harmed no later than the "Ides (midpoint) of March." A meeting between Caesar and the seer was famously dramatized in William Shakespeare's play "Julius Caesar," when Caesar is warned by the soothsayer to "beware the Ides of March." (Sources: history.com, wikipedia.org.)
Compiled by Steve Burns.