.

Minor Injury Reported at Suwanee House Fire

"Minor burns" were treated at the scene.

Suwanee, Ga., police and fire news
Suwanee, Ga., police and fire news

A Wednesday afternoon fire that burned through the roof of a Suwanee-area home, also caused a minor injury to one of the residents.

Gwinnett Fire arrived at the Hillcrest View Court residence after 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 21, to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the two-story home. The fire, which started on the back deck, was ruled accidental.

Fire spokesman Lt. Colin Rhoden said family members were alerted by a smoke alarm and got out without serious injuries.

“One family member had minor burns and was treated and released at the scene,” Rhoden said in a media release. “No other injuries were reported and the family will be displaced but will not require American Red Cross assistance at this time.”

The house sustained heavy damage.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »