Follow the links for more details.
1. Police say revenge was the motive of a the previous day. The thing is, the bomb never detonated. The man worked for a vendor that washed and moved cars at a south Forsyth County auto dealership. Police believe he threw the device at a vehicle early one morning, expecting it to explode on impact. It didn’t. Police used surveillance video to nab him.
2. Watkinsville police were looking to complete the story of the missing leg. . Was it thrown out by an unruly child? Left and forgotten on the hood, then fell off later? Was it in a stolen vehicle and tossed away to remove evidence? Police just wanted to find out whose it is and return it.
3. A classic case of insult-to-injury: A man paying a traffic fine at the Snellville Municipal Court earlier this month . After he signed in around 8:15 a.m., he apparently left his keys at the front desk. You can guess what happened next. He returned to find his car gone.
4. Thinking (perhaps) that a carrying case contained a computer, a thief who broke into a car in the Dacula area got a whole lot more. . The thief also grabbed $750 in cash.
5. There are better — and more lawful — ways to show sports fandom than what a car thief did recently in Lilburn. Sometime after midnight, y. Now, a Voyager may not be on the list of the top 10 most stolen cars, but at least this one had a Georgia Bulldogs logo on the hood and a Falcons logo on the rear window.
6. A Dacula insurance office was burglarized for the second time in a month, but the crime wasn’t noticed right away. .
7. Just one minute, officer. I need to finish my beer. A man said he knew he was going to be arrested when a Winder police officer answered a call of a suspected panhandler at a local gas station. So he ran and hid behind a van. . He told police he wanted to finish it before being arrested.
8. Watch out for that … woodpile. A woman trying to run away from Winder police recently didn’t get very far. Officers responded to a residence on a report of a verbal dispute between two women. One of the women ran away, but . She was eventually charged with public intoxication and obstruction.
9. Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, right? In a traffic stop earlier this month, Johns Creek Police stopped a teenage driver and found her with rolling papers in her lap, a small amount of pot and various bottles of liquor. The reason for the stop? at night and in the rain.