There are 364 "other" days on the calendar in Suwanee. And there is one Suwanee Day, which rolls around again Saturday, Sept. 15.
The city's annual mega-fest cranks up at 9 a.m. Saturday, an hour earlier than in the past.
-- What are your plans for Suwanee Day? Tell us in the comments below.
Here are some key facts and fun items about Suwanee Day, which takes place in and around .
- The parade begins at 9 a.m. and will head up Buford Highway by Town Center Park, and then down Main Street in Old Town. The theme is "Catch a Dream." Grand marshals will be Olympic swimmer Amanda Weir, and the reigning Miss Georgia, Leighton Jordan.
- There will be about 225 vendors of various kinds in Town Center, and there will be some 12 hours of entertainment on two stages.
- The headline entertainer will be the rock band The Smithereens. The band rose to fame in the 1980s and '90s. Their many hits include "A Girl Like You."
- This event dates to 1984. It has been held in Town Center Park since 2004.
- Suwanee Day is a rain or shine event, although it typically enjoys nice weather. The Suwanee Day website notes that it was delayed two hours in 1984 because of Hurricane Ivan.
- Events will conclude about 10 p.m. after a fireworks display.