Single-game ticket sales, viewing an Atlanta Braves spring training game on the video board, and National Anthem tryouts are some of the events planned for Coolray Field on Thursday, March 7. Admission is free.
The Gwinnett Braves will host Fan Fest 2013. Starting at 10 AM, fans will be able to purchase tickets to all 72 G-Braves 2013 home games, including Opening Night on April 4. From 5 to 8 PM, Coolray Field will open its gates for numerous baseball activities, according to a news release.
-- Are you looking forward to the Gwinnett Braves' 2013 season? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
The Coolray Field box office will be open from 10 AM to 8 PM as single-game tickets for 2013 go on sale for the first time. Season ticket holders who have already purchased packages for the 2013 season will be able to pick those up from the box office as well, starting at 10 AM.
From 5 to 8 PM, fans who have purchased 2013 G-Braves tickets of any kind will receive the opportunity to take batting practice on the field. Each ticketholder will get a minimum of five swings, limit one turn per person.
Also, fans can watch the Atlanta Braves as they play at Champion Stadium in Lake Buena Vista, FL. The Braves’ spring training game against the Detroit Tigers will be broadcast live on Coolray Field’s massive video board, starting at 6 PM.
There will be $1 concession items throughout the evening as well.
A full rundown of “Fan Fest” events:
10 AM – 8 PM:
· Single Game Tickets On Sale: Purchase tickets for any of our 72 home games, including Opening Day (April 4) and July 4 games at the Coolray Field Box Office.
· Season Ticket Holder Pick-Up: Anyone who has already purchased 2013 Season Tickets can pick them up at the Coolray Field Box Office.
5 PM – 8 PM:
· Ticket Holder Batting Practice: Anyone who has purchased 2013 Gwinnett Braves tickets is invited to a special batting practice session on the field (five swing minimum, limit one turn per person).
· Sunflower Seed Challenge: Guess the exact number of seeds in a large glass container and win one free Season Ticket for 2013! If there’s no exact guesses, the closest guess will get a free Luxury Suite for Opening Night, April 4.
· Inflatables / Kids Zone: Let the kids jump around in our famously fun inflatables, free of charge!
· $1 Concessions: Hot Dogs, Pretzels, Popcorn, Coke products and Dasani bottled water are all just $1.
· Merchandise Sidewalk Sale: Gear up for the 2013 season with discount prices on G-Braves apparel.
· Kids Club Sign-Up: Make sure your youngster is registered for all the benefits of Chopper’s Kids Club in 2013.
· Coolray Field Tours: Go behind the scenes at the home of the G-Braves.
6 PM – 7 PM:
· National Anthem Auditions: Take your shot at a coveted Anthem spot in this rare tryout opportunity.
6 PM – 8 PM:
· Atlanta Braves Spring Training Game: Watch the big leaguers take on the Detroit Tigers in Grapefruit League action on the Coolray Field video board.
For more information on any of the planned events, visit the Gwinnett Braves website.
This article originally posted on Lawrenceville (Ga.) Patch.