Nestled upon a serene, wooded hilltop in Old Town Suwanee, the century-old Suwanee First United Methodist Church has become known by parishioners as "The Beacon on the Hill." The church's history dates back to its 1876 founding as Suwanee Methodist Church, the first formally organized church in the village of Suwanee.
The church is open to visitors and new members, offering group ministry programs for families, men, women, young adults and children. It offers traditional Sunday worship services as well as Wednesday night worship, a weekday preschool, children's church, local missionary program, adult choir and regular fellowship meetings.
- Hours: Sunday School: Sun, 9:45am.Worship: Sun, 11am. Children's program: Sun, 4pm. Open House worship: Wed, 6:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp from parking lot to church side entrance
- Founding Date: 1876
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: United Methodist Church
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes