Gwinnett Tech's annual community plant sale is set for Oct. 18-20, in the campus greenhouse near Building 600. Hours will be 9 a.m.-4 p.m. It is the first time the sale will run three days.
"Our fall plant sale will be a great mix of old standbys, exciting new varieties and hard to find plant favorites that our customers have come to expect from us," said Roni Trimble, coordinator of greenhouse operations, in a news release. "There's the chance for a surprise around every corner and as always, we offer outstanding price."
The Gwinnett Tech Environmental Horticulture program holds a community plant sale annually to sell the plants the students have grown to the community. Offered at the sale will be:
- Perennials: penstemon ‘husker red,’ kent beauty oregano, rudbeckia ‘goldsturm,’ gayfeather, dianthus ‘wicked witch’ and Japanese painted ferns.
- Fall annuals: pansies, violas and snapdragons.
- Vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, kale, swiss chard and lettuces.
- Herbs: rosemary, cilantro, parsley and sage
- Shrubs: callicarpa americana, callicarpa dichotoma, fig trees, kerria japonica, awabuki viburnum and august beauty gardenias.
The Gwinnett Tech campus is at 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville,n 30043.