Georgia's football team never looked back after its , winning 10 straight games to earn a berth in in the Georgia Dome against No. 1 ranked LSU. Here's some things to think about before the game:
- UGA's familiarity with the Georgia Dome "may be one of the few advantages the Bulldogs have in the SEC championship game against top-ranked LSU," writes macon.com's Seth Emerson. "If it’s even an advantage."
- WWLTV reports that Georgia is "trying to ignore (the) impression they can't beat LSU."
- LSU's third-string quarterback is Oconee County's Zach Mettenberger, notes David Paschall of the Chattanooga Times Free Press. Mettenberger was a UGA recruit until an arrest resulted in his dismissal from the Bulldogs.
- Some UGA players asked coach Mark Richt not to dress them in their from the season-opening Boise State game on their return to the Georgia Dome, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Chip Towers reports. And they won't.
- Ryan Black of the Red and Black asks: "Is Georgia Back?